What is Social Media
Some love it, some hate it, some are afraid of it and some wish it never existed. No matter what we think, social media is here to stay. In Canada, 70% of us are using some form of social media and that number is only increasing.
Social Media - you may have heard the phrase tossed around and wondered what is it? An online meeting place for individuals to connect; in essence a communication tool but more than that. It encourages participation, sparks conversation, builds community, creates a buzz, is constantly changing, always current, never closes and impacts us so much, that we return willingly each and every day for more.
The New Word of Mouth
Most business owners would agree, you can try advertising - radio, newspaper, print, no matter the medium; nothing truly beats word of mouth. Why? Because it's personal - an individual whom you know and trust, put their name behind the product or service.
Social media is essentially the new way of communication, it's word of mouth but on a larger scale and exponentially more powerful.
Build your audience
Most businesses understand the need for social media, they just don't have the time or find it confusing even overwhelming. This is primarily where we come in to assist you in simplifying your social media experience giving you what you want - results.
Social media marketing has given businesses the opportunity to connect with their clients like never before. All companies have customers. Lucky companies have fans. But the most fortunate companies have audiences. An audience can be the greatest tool in promoting us and spreading the word in a matter of seconds. In the end, you have a following, so that when you have something to say, they are listening.
My question to you is, in advertising, what more could you ask for?
How we help
Social Media sites like Twitter and Facebook are always changing, there are so many ways to deliver a message. We understand it can be time consuming, let us take care of it allowing you to focus on what you do best - your business.
What we provide
- Social Media Adoption by small businesses
- Marketing Methods – is social media effective?
- Social Media a New World of Possibilities
SOCIAL MEDIA FACTS
- 70% of Canadians say they use social media.
- Facebook is the most popular social networking site with 70% of people surveyed currently having an account.
- 47% of Canadians use Twitter and the majority of users are 19 – 25 years of age.
- YouTube & Flickr are the most popular social media sites with 38% & 29% (respectively) of people surveyed using the sites.
- 42% of Canadians do not blog, while 58% do blog.
- 74% of people who blog, do so for personal purposes, 57% blog for work and 35% blog for both.
- 9% of people surveyed have hired an employee online and 22% have received a job offer online. 69% have done neither.
- 61% of businesses said they track what people are saying about their brand online.